The Chon-Kemin valley is famous for extreme sports in the middle of the most beautiful locales. Stretching over 70 miles, the eponymous river flows across the Iliysky Ala-Too and the Kungei-Ala-Too mountain ranges. The sides of the valley are lined with coniferous forests.
• A popular spot amongst those who admire and value natural beauty, the Chon-Kemin valley is said to be in its virgin state.
• The guesthouses are simple yet comfortable. It adds to the valley's back-to-basics fetish.
• A range of outdoor activities available in the valley includes hiking, fishing, and horseback riding.
• The natural landscapes in Chon-Kemin are preserved in the virgin state. Chon-Kemin is a unique natural reserve.The glaciers with steppe regions and green coniferous forests create a magnificent view. The valley is guarded by mountain peaks and ranges on three sides that soar up at a height of 1400 to 2800 m above sea level.
• The prominent permanent snow covered ranges include those of Zailiyskiy-Ala-Too and Kungei-Ala-Too at a height of 4700m.
• Green meadows bloom bellow in the valley.
A natural park with a coverage area of 5000ha includes the forestry of the Kemin district. Established in 1997 in the region occupied by the Chon-Kemin water gap the park is now under the protection area of the state The territory is dwelled upon with unusual varieties of flora and fauna such as the pheasant, Tolai hare and the fir needle-ephedra.
There are several ancient barrows or burial mounds throughout the valley that date back to the 4th century BC.
Chon-Kemin valley is a favourite camping stop in Kyrgyzstan. You can choose from bedding down in a traditional Yurt tent or set up your own tent and sleeping under the star-blanketed sky.
A popular fishing destination, the Chon-Kemin river dominated by the Amudarya trout has a rocky bottom with thorny bushes that line the riverside. Fishing in Chon-Kemin requires extra skills.
• A hike through the Chon-Kemin’s national park that lies at an elevation of 9,000 feet gives the hikers an opportunity to spot some of the park’s rare inhabitants, that includes Marals, Snow Leopards and the Golden Eagle.
• The national park takes hikers through an area of unbelievable natural beauty.
'Horses are a man’s wings', is an old saying in Kyrgyzstan. Horseback riding is a popular activity amongst both visitors and locals especially in the pictorial surroundings of the Chon-Kemin valley.
• A great activity for adventure-seekers, with its challenging 4 - 5 class rapids through the gorges rafting down the Chon-Kemin guarantees an adrenaline-fuelled ride. Picturesque surroundings, snowcapped peaks encasing the deep blue waters and green mountains complete the Chon Kemin look.
• A paradise for those who love travelling to picturesque places and to places with extreme tourism, Chon-Kemin gives everything that you wish for in a holiday trip.
• Call us or visit our website to book your tour to Chon-Kemin in Kyrgyzstan.