You may not know anything about Kyrgyzstan, you may not have traveled to Asia, and you may not be interested in the beauties of post-Soviet countries. But you must have heard about Lake Issyk-Kul. And where Issyk-Kul is, there is the beautiful Cholpon-Ata. Go on a fascinating journey along the northern shore of the lake with Minzifa Travel!
What to see in Cholpon-Ata?
The city’s name translates as “father of stars,” which is additional motivation for romantics to explore this area. Tourists come to this part of Kyrgyzstan to see for themselves:
- Issyk-Kul. This is very expected, but true. Most vacationers are really in a hurry to visit Cholpon-Ata to enjoy the beauty of the main lake of Kyrgyzstan. “Hot Lake” is very salty, so it never freezes. Travelers visit the coast not only because of the promised beauty, but also because the Issyk-Kul rhodon springs located in Issyk-Kul have medicinal properties;
- Rukh Ordo. At the cultural center, tourists learn myths, legends and stories that are closely associated with the lake. The name of the museum translates as “Blessed Grad”: according to the idea all world religions are united here. Inside the spiritual center there are five chapels, each dedicated to a particular religion – Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, and Orthodoxy. Of interest is the sixth chapel, which is dedicated to the ancient religion of the Turks. In addition to the chapels, Rukh Ordo has statues and sculptures on cultural and religious themes;
- Maiden Braids. The waterfall is not in Cholpan-Ata itself, but quite nearby. Therefore, when you come to this Kyrgyz town, you should definitely go on an excursion to Jety Oguz. This place is great for mountain tourism. And according to a legend, the girls who washed with water from the waterfall, in the same year will become brides. You should come to Maiden Spit only when the weather is dry, because the roads are narrow and often washed out;
- Golden Sands. Despite the small area of Cholpan-Ata, there are possibilities for any kind of tourism, even sea tourism. The beach near the eponymous boarding house is suitable not only for long swims, but also for entertainment. There is a water park, roller coaster, Ferris wheel, cafes, boats and motorboats for boat trips, diving.
Weather in Cholpon-Ata
Cholpon Ata has a temperate maritime climate. In summer, the air temperature rises to +28 ° C and there are frequent thunderstorms. A lot of snow falls in winter, but it melts quickly. In the fall and spring it often rains, the average air temperature is +10 ° C.
When is the best time to go to Cholpan-Ata?
Cholpan-Ata is one of the few resorts in Kyrgyzstan that is available at any time of year. The hot springs and sanatoriums, for which most tourists come, are available year-round. But if you are planning a vacation, keep in mind that:
- The most popular season in Cholpan Ata is summer. At this time of year it is very hot and sunny, you need sunscreen. The beaches on the coast of Issyk-Kul are no different from the classic seaside resorts, so you need to be prepared for the queues;
- Autumn in Cholpan-Ata is divided into two parts – the beginning of September and the rest of the time. In the first weeks of the season you can still swim in the lake and sunbathe, and then the cold and rain begins. In October and November, you can go to museums and learn about the history of Kyrgyzstan;
- In winter, in Cholpan-Ata, tourists can take part in horseback rides, stay in yurts, and taste the effects of the healing springs. The lake does not freeze, so the views here are stunning;
- In the spring the first “sanatorium” tourists come to town. March is not much different from the winter months, and in April and May already opens the season: trees blossom and birds arrive.
Cholpon-Ata is a fabulous place with opportunities for any kind of tourism. So if you like “all and at once”, go on adventures together with Minzifa Travel. We are waiting for you in e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp. We wish you Enjoy your travels!
We’re on social media: