Kyrgyzstan is still an under-explored destination for tourists. However, those travelers who have already managed to visit Kyrgyzstan, try to bring as many original souvenirs as possible. For yourself, not to forget about the trip, and for friends, to express their love and warmest attitude.
In the Kyrgyz Republic is the largest market not only in the country, but in all of Asia – is Dordoi. Here tourists will find the most interesting souvenirs for unforgettable gifts:
- felt products. Felt produced in Kyrgyzstan is recognized as the best in the world. Therefore, never leave Kyrgyzstan without buying hats, slippers and toys;
- carpets and textiles. In the markets you can find pillowcases, towels and tablecloths with national patterns. Of particular interest to tourists is a panel in the style of Tush Kiyiz, in the pattern of which there is a deep family meaning. If you want to find something original, look at the patchwork carpets in the technique Kurak;
- Backgammon. This is one of the most popular games in Kyrgyzstan, so you can find sets of any material on the market – wood, stone, leather. In Kyrgyzstan, it is rare to find classic sets. They are mostly decorated with either national ornaments or beautiful landscapes;
- leather goods. Local manufacturers make the most interesting souvenirs from leather and classic products – shoes, clothes, bags. If you want to find something more original, you should look at the boxes, bracelets, chess. For men ideal gift from Kyrgyzstan will be national leather flask;
- fruit. In Kyrgyzstan, the most delicious fruits that ripen in a hot climate: persimmons, plums, peaches, figs, quinces. Most of the fruits are seasonal, so it is better to come for them in August and September. And do not forget about the luggage restrictions – to take away a dozen melons is unlikely;
- Clothing. The national clothes of Kyrgyzstan reflect the culture and traditions of the people. Women will be happy to see an embroidered vest or traditional dress, and for men – an embroidered caftan. In Kyrgyzstan you can also buy ordinary clothes: they are much cheaper here.
In any Asian country, it’s so easy to find a market where you can buy everything you want at once (and everything you couldn’t resist). As part of tours from Minzifa Travel, we are sure to visit the largest and most colorful bazaars in Kyrgyzstan so that you can delight yourself and your friends. To book a tour, email or call us on email email@example.com, WhatsApp.
We’re on social media: