Tour to Azerbaijan “Journey through Time: Exploring the Treasures of Baku”
- Fitness levelMedium
- Tour typeExcursion tour, shopping tour
- Best seasonAutumn, Spring
Trip code: AZERBAIJAN, BAKU, ABSHERON 4 NIGHTS 5 DAYS
Tour to Azerbaijan
Our journey begins with a walk through the Old City of Baku, which is the historical core of Azerbaijan’s capital. The Old City is surrounded by walls and offers us to see sights such as the Maiden Tower and the Palace of the Shirvans, which are on the UNESCO World Heritage List. We begin our journey with a visit to the Maiden’s Tower. This tall round tower is the symbol of Baku and offers a beautiful view of the city. Then we will go to the Palace of the Shirvans, a majestic structure that is the former residence of the rulers of Azerbaijan. Within its walls you will find many halls, palace gardens and architectural details that tell the story of the place. We will also visit the Juma Mosque, ancient caravanserais and banyas, where we can plunge into the atmosphere of the past. We will stop by the Museum of Miniature Books, which has a unique collection of books in miniature. After lunch in a restaurant we will go to the National Carpet Museum, where we will get acquainted with the rich cultural and historical heritage of Azerbaijan related to the art of carpet weaving. Then we will visit Little Venice, where beautiful water channels and picturesque views await us. In the evening we will go for a walk to the Philharmonic Park, also known as Governor’s Park, which is located near the Baku fortress. Here we can enjoy the great atmosphere and beautiful views of the city. Also, we will not miss the opportunity to visit the popular Nizami Street, known for its stores. We will walk along this street, which is the center of shopping in Baku, and enjoy the atmosphere and the variety of offerings. Concluding our day, we will enjoy dinner in a restaurant and return to the hotel, leaving behind a vivid impression of historical and modern Baku. Thus, our itinerary includes the most significant and beautiful places of the old city of Baku, which will allow us to plunge into the rich history and culture of Azerbaijan.
Old City (Icheri Sheher): Explore the historical core of Baku, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring ancient walls, the iconic Maiden Tower, and the grand Palace of the Shirvanshahs.
National Carpet Museum: Immerse yourself in the art and history of Azerbaijani carpet weaving through a vast collection of intricate carpets and textiles.
Little Venice: Enjoy the picturesque ambiance of this charming neighborhood, complete with water channels, beautiful architecture, and a vibrant atmosphere.
Gobustan National Park: Discover prehistoric rock carvings dating back to 10,000 BC and explore the fascinating mud volcanoes that dot the landscape.
Yanar Dag (Fire Mountain): Witness the mesmerizing natural phenomenon of a continuously burning fire on the slopes of this mountain, showcasing Azerbaijan's nickname as the "land of fire."
Heydar Aliyev Center: Marvel at the modern architectural masterpiece designed by Zaha Hadid, known for its distinctive curves and innovative design.
Shopping on Nizami Street: Indulge in a shopping spree along Baku's bustling Nizami Street, known for its diverse shops, boutiques, and lively atmosphere.
Delicious Azerbaijani Cuisine: Delight in the flavors of traditional Azerbaijani dishes, such as succulent kebabs, aromatic pilaf, and rich pastries, as you savor the local culinary delights.
Philharmonia Garden: Relax in this scenic park adjacent to Baku Fortress, enjoying its tranquil ambiance, beautiful greenery, and captivating views of the city.
Cultural Experiences: Engage with the rich cultural heritage of Azerbaijan through visits to museums, historical sites, and the opportunity to witness traditional music, dance, and art performances.
Arrival at Airport (Heydar Aliyev International Airport )
Transfer from Airport to Hotel. Free time
09:30 After Breakfast in Hotel
Our tour program starts with Old City or Inner City is the historical core of Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. The Old City is the most ancient part of Baku, which is surrounded by walls were well protected, Maiden Tower and The Palace of the Shirvan shahs which has been mentioned on UNESCO’S World Cultural Heritage list.
- 10:00 -10:30 Maiden Tower
- 10:30-11:00 The Palace of the Shirvan shahs
- 11:00-11:30 Juma Mosque,
- 11:30-12:00 Old caravanserais
- 12:00-12:30 Bath houses
- 12:30-13:00 Museum of Miniature Books
13:00-14:00 : Lunch in Restaurant
- 14:15-15:00 National Carpet Museum
- 15:00-15:30 Little Venice
- 15:45-16:00 Ferris Wheel ride
- Philharmonia Garden-sometimes called Gubernator's or Governor's Park, is a park in Baku, Azerbaijan, next to Baku fortress. The park was established beginning in 1830; ship's captains coming from Iran were asked to bring a sack of soil to add to it. It was extended in the 1860s and 1870s to 4.6 hectares (11 acres) and originally called Mixaylovbağı, Mikhaelovsky Garden, after the governor.
- Group will experience the happening street of Nizami Street known for shopping. The street's history could be traced back to
Baku's town-planning project of 1864. The street runs through the city's downtown from west to east. It begins from Abdulla Shaig Street, in mountainous part of the city and ends at railroad bed on Sabit Orujov Street, near a monument to Shah Ismail Khatai in “Black City”. Total length of the street is 3,538 m.
- Fountains Square is a public square in downtown Baku, capital of Azerbaijan. The square was previously called Parapet and is often referenced to by the same name now. The name of the fountains square derives from the presence of dozens of fountains throughout
the square first constructed during Soviet rule of Azerbaijan. The square is a public gathering place, especially after business hours and during the weekend.
Back to Hotel
09:30 After Breakfast in Hotel
After having breakfast at the hotel , you will go to the historical and national reserve of Gobustan. You will Meet your guide at your hotel in Baku and drive out of the city to Gobustan National Park. The park is actually a hill and mountain site at the southeast end of Azerbaijan’s Greater Caucasus mountain ridge. After it , you will visit to the Petroglyphs Museum and explore petroglyphs dating back to 10,000 BC and continue to mud volcanoes in Gobustan Reserve that is home to almost half of world’s mud volcanoes. The ancient monuments and sculptures that have been on the mountains for millennia will make your day unforgettable. • “Go Bustan “ Rock Art Cultural Landscapes (at Seventy kilometers from Baku). • Mud Volcanoes in Alat. • “Bibi- Heybat” Mosque.Note: Mud Volcanoes depend on weather conditions / Gobustan Mud volcanoes tickets include our package.
17:30-20:30 Back to Baku
21:00- 22:30 : Dinner
Transfer to Hotel
08:00-09:00 Breakfast in Hotel
- 10:00-12:00 Absheron Tour
Trip to "Fire Mountain"-"Yanardag" -a mountain on Absheron peninsula , 25 km from north of Baku. Literally, word "Yanardag" means "Blazing mountain". Blazing bodies of flame dance on stones and floor. Yanar dag is a natural gas fire which blazes continuously on a hillside on the Absheron Peninsula on the Caspian Sea near Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, which itself is known as the "land of fire."
Tour starts with Ateshgah (Fire Worshippers Temple) Based on Persian and Indian inscriptions, the temple was used as a Hindu and Zoroastrian place of worship. “Atash” is the Persian word for fire.
- 14:30-15:30 Tour continues with the visit to the charming example of modern achticture - The Heydar Aliyev Center- a 57,500 m2 building complex in Baku, Azerbaijan designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid and noted for its distinctive architecture and flowing, curved style that eschews sharp angles. The center is named after Heydar Aliyev, the first secretary of Soviet Azerbaijan from 1969 to 1982, and president of Azerbaijan Republic from October 1993 to October 2003. (Photoshoot outside)
- Shopping tour will start from Ganjlik mall then 28 mall finally you will visit Deniz mall
08:00 : Breakfast in Hotel
Depature to Airport for return flight
- Meals (breakfasts in hotel)
- Airport transfers and transport during the tours
- Guide (ENGLISH, ARABIC, RUSSIAN)
- Baku, Absheron, Gabala Tours
- Entry tickets: Fire Mountain, Fire Temple, Old City, Icherisheher, Highland Mountain entrance.
- 1 bottle of water per day
“Please note that we use a local supplier for your arrival airport transfer. As tourism is a growing industry in Central Asia, your driver may not speak English.”
My name is Timur Alimov, and I represent our group of travel experts in Uzbekistan and Central Asia. Our travel experts will guide you through Uzbekistan and Central Asia. For the past ten years we have been gathering and guiding groups of more then 10000 happy travelers. We can show the country through the eyes of the locals, as if you come not as a tourist, but as a guest visiting friends. We give to our travelers only the routes that we checked personally or it was checked by our guides. Some members of My team has traveled this route more than 10 times, and during these trips we have made a lot of friends in each cities who become our friends and help us.
Our travel company office is based in Bukhara, but our travel experts are set in each country we represent. Company is officially registered and has certificates and tourist licenses # T-0087 Unique Travel issued by state gov of Uzbektourism.
I look forward to seeing you as our clients!
You can book your seat through the booking form , click on "Book now" and follow the process. You can also contact me or our team to get the consultation.