Tour to Turkmenistan “The Gold of Turkmenistan”
- Tour typeExcursion tour, individual tour of 2 people
- Fitness levelMedium
- VehicleRoad transport in private air-conditioned vehicles, airplane
Trip code: Tour to Turkmenistan "The Gold of Turkmenistan
Tour to Turkmenistan "The Gold of Turkmenistan"
Embark on an unforgettable journey through Turkmenistan, starting with your arrival in Ashgabat. Upon landing, you will be greeted by a driver who will transfer you to the hotel for early check-in.
After enjoying a delicious breakfast, set off on a half-day tour of Ashgabat, visiting notable attractions such as the ancient ruins of Nissa, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the Independence Park, where you can admire grand monuments and buildings symbolizing the nation’s independence. Take a moment to witness the imposing Neutrality Arch, a significant historical landmark. Indulge in the vibrant atmosphere of the Russian bazaar, where you can immerse yourself in the local culture and find unique souvenirs.
Next, venture towards Darwaza, stopping along the way to witness the fascinating mud and water craters. As you arrive in Darwaza before sunset, be prepared to be captivated by the mesmerizing sight of the burning gas crater, both during daylight and nighttime. Enjoy a delightful BBQ dinner and spend the night in comfortable tents or traditional yurts, fully embracing the rustic charm of the surroundings.
Continue your journey to Kunya Urgench, another UNESCO World Heritage site, where you will explore a historical park adorned with impressive landmarks like the Kutlug Timur Minaret, the Mausoleum of Turabek Khanum, the Mausoleum of Tekesh, and the Caravansaray gateway. Afterwards, drive to Dashoguz, where you will spend the night.
The following day, catch a flight to Turkmenbashi and visit the local Fish Bazaar and the old town area upon arrival. From there, embark on a scenic drive through the desert and the Balkan Mountains, traversing the highlands until you reach the breathtaking Yangikala Canyons. Spend time exploring this natural wonderland and enjoy a camp dinner before spending the night in trekking tents or a Pilgrim house.
After breakfast at the camp, visit the revered Gozli Ata pilgrim site before proceeding to Nohur village. Immerse yourself in the village’s rich cultural heritage, including a visit to the silk weaving center and the tribal cemetery. Continue your journey back to Ashgabat, making stops along the way to explore the Kov Ata underground lake, the Geokdepe mosque, and the Turkmenbashi mosque-mausoleum. Upon your arrival in Ashgabat, transfer to your hotel for overnight accommodation.
On the final leg of your journey, drive to Mary, making a stop at the Ahalteke horse stables. Upon reaching Mary, delve into the history of the region by exploring the ancient city of Merv, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover the remnants of the Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum, the Large and Small Gyz Gala, the Erk Gala, the Gyaur Gala, the Keshk Fortresses, and the Muhammed ibn Zaid mausoleum, among other fascinating structures. Return to Mary and catch a flight back to Ashgabat, where you will embark on a city-by-night tour, visiting notable landmarks such as Independence Park, the Neutrality Arch, and the panoramic viewp
Ashgabat, Turkmenbashi, Mary, Kynya Urgench, Dashoguz, Merv
Meet and greet with your driver and transfer to the hotel, early check-in.
Your guide will meet you and escort you to the capital of Turkmenistan, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, which was recently included in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's whitest marble city. Today you will visit the capital's main tourist attractions, parks and monuments, an impressive mosque and other iconic buildings. You will go to the fortress of Nyssa, the sanctuary of the Parthian kings. The fortress was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2007.
- Independence Park
- Arch of Neutrality and the Russian Bazaar.
After lunch a trip to Darvaza, a giant crater that was formed back in 1971. The Darwaza crater is about 60 meters in diameter and about 20 meters deep.
- Arrival in Darwaza before sunset (~1800h);
- BBQ dinner.
Overnight in tents near the crater.
After breakfast in camp drive to Kunya Urgench (UNESCO)
Sightseeing of a historical park with Kutlug Timur minaret
- Mausoleum of Turabek Khanum - the mausoleum of Turabek Khanum, the daughter of Golden Horde Khan Uzbek Khan and wife of his Khorezmian deputy Kutlug Timur, which later became the tomb of the Sufi Kungrat dynasty in Kunya Urgench
- Tekesh Mausoleum - Khorezmshakh Tekesh was a very odious personality. He succeeded in uniting a vast territory stretching from the Aral Sea in the north to the Persian Gulf in the south and from the Pamirs in the east to the Iranian plateau in the west
- The mausoleum of Il Arslan was hand-decorated with carved terracotta in intricate ornamentation: plant and geometric patterns. And a very special medieval technique was used when making the decorations
- Caravanserai Gates
Tansport to Dashoguz for over night state
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Turkmenbashi (ETD 08:40h. ETA 09:50h.).
On arrival we will visit
- Local fish market
- Old parts of the city.
Then drive through the desert and Balkan Mountains through the highlands to the canyons of Yangikala.
- Exploring the surroundings of the canyons.
Dinner at the camp. Overnight in trekking tent or in Pilgrim house
After breakfast we will visit the place:
- Gözli Ata Pilgrimage - This is the burial place of the 14th-century Sufi Hasan-at, better known in Turkmenistan by his honorary nickname ("father seer"), which, according to legend, he received for his unusual ability to predict events.
Sightseeing of Nokhur village (visiting silk weaving production and tribal cemetery).
After visiting the village continue to Ashkhabad, on the way visit :
- Underground Lake Kov-Ata is an unusual creation of nature, which can rightfully be called one of the wonders of the world. The natural underground lake Kov-Ata is translated as "the father of caves".
- Geokdepe Mosque - Erected in memory of the soldiers-defenders of the Geoktepe fortress. The mosque has four minarets.
- The Turkmenbashi Mausoleum Mosque is the main mosque in Turkmenistan, the largest single-domed mosque in the world and the largest in Central Asia. It was named in honor of the first president of Turkmenistan.
Upon arrival transfer to hotel, overnight stay.
After breakfast a trip to Mary, we will visit on the way:
Akhalteke horse stables.
Upon arrival in the ancient city Merv (UNESCO) where there is a historical park with the mausoleum of Sultan Sanjar we shall see:
- Large and Small Gyz Kala - The Large Kyz Kala served as an important defensive structure and was used for protection and shelter in case of attacks.
The Small Kyz-Kala was built at a later period and has more compact dimensions compared to the Big Kyz-Kala. It also had a square shape and served as a defensive fortress.
- Erk Kala is the western fortress of Merv. The fortress walls of Erk-Kala still reveal their height and power. These cities are clearly manifested among other fortresses.
- Gyaur Gala - A fortified settlement, whose name translates as "the fortress of the infidels", was built in the 4th-3rd centuries BC. Master potters, millers, flour merchants and blacksmiths lived here.
- Keshk Fortress
- The Mausoleum of Muhammed ibn Zaid.
Return to Mary. Transfer to the airport for flight to Ashkhabad (ETD 18:40h. ETA 19:20h.).
Night sightseeing upon arrival.
- Independence Park
- Neutrality arches
- Wedding Palace
Transfer to hotel, overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer to the airport.
Departure time 13:00.
- Entrance fees to museums, sightseeing, monuments
- Guide (Certified)
- Transportation during sightseeing
- Accommodation in 3* hotels (according to the program) and breakfasts
- Drinking water (2 for 0,5 liters per 1 person per day)
- Visa support
- Domestic flights
- Accommodation in common trekking tent (including sleeping mat, sleeping bag and pillow) including breakfast.
- Fixed meals (2 dinners) in places with no catering facilities, where meals must be ordered in advance
“Please note that we use a local supplier for your arrival airport transfer. As tourism is a growing industry in Central Asia, your driver may not speak English.”
My name is Timur Alimov, and I represent our group of travel experts in Uzbekistan and Central Asia. Our travel experts will guide you through Uzbekistan and Central Asia. For the past ten years we have been gathering and guiding groups of more then 10000 happy travelers. We can show the country through the eyes of the locals, as if you come not as a tourist, but as a guest visiting friends. We give to our travelers only the routes that we checked personally or it was checked by our guides. Some members of My team has traveled this route more than 10 times, and during these trips we have made a lot of friends in each cities who become our friends and help us.
Our travel company office is based in Bukhara, but our travel experts are set in each country we represent. Company is officially registered and has certificates and tourist licenses # T-0087 Unique Travel issued by state gov of Uzbektourism.
I look forward to seeing you as our clients!
You can book your seat through the booking form , click on "Book now" and follow the process. You can also contact me or our team to get the consultation.