Kazakhstan Religious Tour

Kazakhstan is an Islamic country, where you will find a total of 2,300 mosques. But there are some mosques which are very famous and religious.

Central Mosque Almaty is one of the religious places. Religion in Kazakhstan is about 70% Muslim by the head of the population, with other religions making up the remaining 30%.

As you would suppose from these statistics, the Central Mosque is an impressive building, constructed in the Timurid style of architecture. The Mosque looks ancient, with its Turkish calligraphy, domes, and minarets, but was only completed in 1999. Central Mosque is a superb building and the biggest mosque in Kazakhstan, accommodating up to 7000 worshippers.

Religious tolerance is a feature of Kazakhstan and visitors to the mosque have reported being invited in to look around, even though they are not of that faith.

The largest mosque in Central Asia is the Hazret Sultan Mosque. The construction of the cathedral mosque “Hazret Sultan” started in Astana in June 2009. In different periods from 1000 to 1500 workers have been involved in the construction of the mosque. Hazret Sultan Mosque supplemented the list of unique objects of the capital.

The Mausoleum of Khawaja Ahmed Yasawi is a mausoleum in the city of Turkestan, in southern Kazakhstan. The structure was commissioned in 1389 by Timur, who ruled the area as part of the expansive Timurid Empire, to replace a smaller 12th-century mausoleum of the famous Turkic poet and Sufi mystic, Khoja Ahmed Yasawi (1093’1166). The making of the building was stopped, after the death of Timur in 1405.

In spite of its incomplete state, the mausoleum has survived as one of the best-preserved of all Timurid constructions. Its creation marked the beginning of the Timurid architectural style.

Nur-Astana Mosque is situated in the capital of Kazakhstan, Astana. Nur-Astana is the 3rd largest mosque in Central Asia. The 40-meter height symbolizes the age of the Prophet Muhammad of when he received the revelations, and the height of the minarets are 63 meters, the age of Muhammad was when he died.

The Nur-Astana mosque is situated at the left riverbank in the city of Astana, Making of the Mosque first started in March 2005. The mosque was a gift in accordance with the agreement of the Kazakhstan President, Nursultan Nazarbayev and the Emir of Qatar, Hamad bin Khalifa. 5,000 worshippers can worship inside the mosque at a time, including 2,000 for worshippers outside the mosque.

The Bibi-Khanym Mosque is one of the most important monuments of Samarkand. In the 15th century, it was one of the largest and most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world. By the mid-20th century only a grandiose ruin of it still survived, but now essential parts of the mosque have been restored.

Entering the Mosque from the northeast through the vast parade portal leads to the courtyard. An impressive dome above a square base, around 40m high, rises on the opposite side of the courtyard.

If you want to experience the old religion and traditions at Kazakhstan, contact us/visit us/call us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.