Kazakhstan Religions

Kazakhstan has a variety of religion even though Kazakhstan is an Islamic country. Religion, in Kazakhstan, is about 70% Muslim or you can say, Islam, by the head of the population, with other religions making up the remaining 30% which include Christianity 26% and other religions are 4%.

n Kazakhstan, you will find a total of 2,300 mosques and a total of 265 registered Orthodox churches, 93 Catholic churches, and 543 Protestant churches and prayer houses. But there are some mosques and churches which are very famous and religious.

Central Mosque Almaty

Central Mosque Almaty is one of the religious places. As you would suppose from these statistics, the Central Mosque is an impressive building, constructed in the Timurid style of architecture.

The Mosque, looks ancient, with its Turkish calligraphy, domes, and minarets, but was only completed in 1999.

Central Mosque is a superb building and the biggest mosque in Kazakhstan, accommodating up to 7000 worshippers.

Religious tolerance is a feature of Kazakhstan and visitors to the mosque have reported being invited in to look around, even though they are not of that faith.

The Hazret Sultan Mosque

The Hazret Sultan Mosque is the largest mosque in Central Asia. Construction of the cathedral mosque “Hazret Sultan” started in Astana in June 2009.

In different periods from 1000 to 1500 workers have been involved in the construction of the mosque.

Hazret Sultan Mosque supplemented the list of unique objects of the capital.

The Mausoleum Of Khawaja Ahmed Yasawi

It is a mausoleum in the city of Turkestan, in southern Kazakhstan. The structure was commissioned in 1389 by Timur, who ruled the area as part of the expansive Timurid Empire, to replace a smaller 12th-century mausoleum of the famous Turkic poet and Sufi mystic, Khoja Ahmed Yasawi (1093–1166).

The construction of the building was stopped, after the death of Timur in 1405.

In spite of its incomplete state, the mausoleum has survived as one of the best-preserved of all Timurid constructions.

Its creation marked the beginning of the Timurid architectural style.

Nur-Astana Mosque

Nur-Astana Mosque, situated in the capital of Kazakhstan, Astana. Nur-Astana is the 3rd largest mosque in Central Asia. It is situated at the left riverbank in the city of Astana, Making of the Mosque first started in March 2005.

5,000 worshippers can worship inside the mosque at a time, including 2,000 for worshippers outside the mosque.

Bibi-Khanym Mosque

In the 15th century, it was one of the largest and most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world.

By the mid-20th century only a grandiose ruin of it still survived, but now essential parts of the mosque have been restored.

Entering the Mosque from the northeast through the vast parade portal leads to the courtyard.

An impressive dome above a square base, around 40m high, rises on the opposite side of the courtyard.

The Catholic Church In Kazakhstan

In Kazakhstan, there are 79 religious associations of the Catholic church. Kazakhstan’s Monks-Franciscans, the first Catholic missionaries.

The further growth of Catholicism, in the territory of Kazakhstan, was promoted by the settlement of the Polish exiled, the military personnel and special immigrants in 18th – the second half of the 19th centuries.

At the end of the 19th century in Kostanay, there was a Catholic temple, branch of Omsk arrival. At the beginning of the 20th-century akmolinsky and Semipalatinsk regions, there were communities of the Polish and German Catholic immigrants.

For more information about the religion of Kazakhstan,Call us/visit us/contact us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.